Easy Homemade Moroccan Spiced Almonds
I first made this spiced almonds recipe for a small wine-tasting party this past June. The wine selection was Viognier (I may be a wine lover, but I’m not snooty about non-reds. Whites definitely have their place – especially in the summer!)
These heavily-spiced, sweet-but-savory roasted almonds were an excellent complement to the (ahem, copious amounts of) wine we tasted (er, straight-up drank).
I knew right away I wanted to share the recipe here, but some quick research revealed that people aren’t really looking for spiced almonds recipes in the summer. When do they really seek them out? Right now!
So here they are – just as great for wintertime (with wine) as they were in the summer (with wine). (Or with anything else). (Or by themselves). (Or with wine).
Either way, snack up!
Moroccan Spiced Almonds
Sweet, salty, and spicy. These easy roasted nuts are coated with Moroccan-inspired spices and roasted until crunchy and addicting. We love these with a nice light white wine! Perfect for gifting … or keeping.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste (I like salty so I go for 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound raw almonds (about 3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, spices, salt, and pepper.
- To another medium bowl, add the egg white. Whisk briskly until frothy, about 30 seconds. Add the almonds and toss with a wooden spoon until coated. Add the spice mix and toss until the nuts are well-coated. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake, stirring once, until fragrant and toasted, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely and then serve. Nuts will keep well at room temperature in a sealed bag or jar for several days.
Yield: About 12 (1/4 cup) servings, Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 232 Calories
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 147mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 8g
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.