I’ve spent much of my adult life fearing the dreaded root canal. And last week, I finally had that fear realized. Was it painful, you ask? Was it torture? Pure h-e-double-hockeysticks? Nope! My root canal was awesome! It was fast, it was painless (once I was finally numb enough), and most of all, it was pure relief, baby. Sometimes you don’t realize just quite how much pain you were in until the pain’s gone. Ahhhhhhh. All better. Take that, tooth! In your face, fear!
Several hours after the whole affair, I was really, really hungry – and still really really numb. A liquid dinner was going to have to be on the menu; the only question was, which smoothie should I make? My mind first turned to one of these, but I was craving something fruity – and I needed something dairy-free. Enter the PB&J Smoothie!
The combo of strawberries and peanut butter reminds me of my fave peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but in smoothie form. No bread – or, thankfully, chewing – needed!
I love this Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie, and I hope you do too!
A tasty – and surprisingly satisfying – smoothie inspired by everyone’s favorite sandwich.
- 1 medium banana*
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened) (or milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I like creamy natural-style) + more for topping if desired
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries**
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a glass.
- Drizzle with additional peanut butter if desired. If your peanut butter is thick to drizzle, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds until thinned; it should be easier to drizzle when warm.
* Can sub a frozen banana; you may want to reduce or omit the ice cubes and/or increase the almond milk.
** Can sub fresh strawberries; they can blend up rather watery so you may want to increase the ice cubes and/or decrease the almond milk.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.