Yes, the word “green” is in the title of this post. No, it’s not a typo. This is totally a green smoothie! I mean, look!
What? It’s actually chocolate brown?! Why, my gosh! It is!
Okay, I’ll stop now.
See, this Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie is actually a green smoothie, too. A sneaky green smoothie. I know there are a few (or a lot) of people (like my guy and my kid) who are a little put off by the green hue of a good green smoothie.
So I thought, hey! How about I come up with a series of smoothies that have the good green stuff inside, but if you’re not the one who made them, you’d never ever know?
Yep, I’m sneaky like that.
This smoothie has a full cup of fresh spinach – and a little flax seed thrown into the mix, too. But you just taste cool, creamy, slightly decadent chocolate-raspberry bliss.
What a way to show the love this Valentine’s Day: a little healthy deception.
Oh, and do you see that super-cool big clear straw? It’s glass! The folks over at Glass Dharma sent me a selection of their glass straws to try out, and I’m totally digging them. They’re a great eco-friendly solution for my recent smoothie obsession, and they’re remarkably strong (how strong? I even knocked one onto the kitchen floor [eep!], and it didn’t break!)
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, plus a few more for garnish
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a glass and garnish with additional raspberries if desired. Serve with a straw.