This Cashew Creamer recipe results in a coffee creamer that is uber-creamy, rich, and – bonus – not weird-tasting. At all!
Table of Contents
- The Story Behind the Recipe
- Why I Love This Cashew Creamer
- Why You’ll Love It
- Cashew Creamer Ingredients
- How to Make Dairy-Free Coffee Creamer
- How to Store Your Dairy-Free Coffee Creamer
- More Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer Recipes
- More Recipes with the Magic of Cashew Cream
The Story Behind the Recipe
I’ve been on the Cashew Coffee Creamer wagon for nearly 5 years and still love just as much as I did when I drank my first cuppa coffee all transformed into creamy goodness with cashew creamer.
Why I Love This Cashew Creamer
- Homemade cashew milk coffee creamer is sooooo rich and creamy – the closest thing I’ve found to half-and-half so far.
- Cashews already have a touch of natural sweetness, so no additional sweetener is needed.
- It’s so (so!) easy to make – you don’t even need to strain it.
- It’s about as whole-foods as it gets – no weird chemicals or unpronounceable ingredients.
- It’s rich and creamy and utterly divine in coffee. Wait – did I already say it’s rich and creamy? But seriously. It is!
- It’s equally delicious in hot coffee or iced coffee. It’s an all-around, super versatile creamer! Total VIP.
Why You’ll Love It
Cashew creamer gives the same luxurious creaminess of half and half and other rich coffee creamers, but it’s entirely plant-based! This cashew creamer recipe is SO easy to make, too.
If you’ve recently had to give up traditional creamers made with dairy, you might be feeling the same pain I felt when I first had to give up dairy. It’s tough, I know!
But no worries, friend, because this Dairy-Free Coffee Creamer is here to save the day.
Ready to try it for yourself?
Cashew Creamer Ingredients
- Cashews – raw, unsalted. I like to soak them first for the creamiest result, but if you have a high-speed blender, you can blend for some extra time and it’ll work fairly well, too.
- Water – self explanatory!
- Vanilla extract – This is optional, but I personally love a little touch of it for vanilla cashew creamer that is SO delicious in coffee!
- Salt – Just a little pinch!
How to Make Dairy-Free Coffee Creamer
(Honestly, though, it’s so easy, it barely warrants a tutorial!)
Step 1: Soak your cashews
Start with raw, unsalted, whole cashews. Place them in a large jar or heat-safe bowl and pour about 2 cups of boiling water over the top, making sure all of those bad boys are submerged. Let soak for 20 minutes. You’re good to go! Alternatively, you can soak them using the long method. Simply use room temperature water and let them sit at room temperature for 4-6 hours until soft. If you plan to let them soak for longer, place them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Step 2: Blend it on up
Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to the pitcher of a blender along with 1 cup water, some vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. And puree! Whip those nuts into submission. If this is your first time, you might look at the soaked cashews floating in the water and be all … Huh?! How will this become milk? But keep on blending, because soon – in about a minute – you’ll have milky, creamy goodness. Promise. But please be sure to blend for the full minute! This will help prevent gritty coffee creamer.
Step 3: Enjoy your rich and creamy Cashew Coffee Creamer!
That’s it! You’re done! Add a splash to a cup of coffee and you’re a happy camper.
How to Store Your Dairy-Free Coffee Creamer
You’ll want to keep your Cashew Milk Coffee Creamer in an airtight container in the fridge. Shake it before using it as it may separate a bit as it sits. Your cashew creamer should last a good 5-6 days – make some on Sunday to enjoy creamy coffee goodness all week long.
More Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer Recipes
- This Coconut Coffee Creamer Recipe is SO EASY! I love it too.
- If you prefer almonds, how about this Almond Milk Coffee Creamer?
- How about adding some flavor? I’ve got creamers with peppermint mocha and pumpkin spice. Yum!
More Recipes with the Magic of Cashew Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Dairy-Free Eggnog
- Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce Recipe (5-minute pasta sauce!)
- Vegan Avocado Crema
- Cashew Sour Cream
Rich & Creamy Cashew Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup cashews (raw and unsalted)
- 1 cup water (up to 2 cups, depending on the consistency you prefer; plus additional water for soaking)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Place cashews in large jar or bowl. Cover with about 2 cups of boiling water, making sure all of the cashews are submerged. Let soak for 20 minutes. Pour cashews and liquid into a fine-mesh strainer to strain the soaking liquid. Rinse.
- Drain the water and discard. Place drained cashews in the pitcher of a blender. Add 1 cup of water, vanilla if using, and salt if using. Blend until completely smooth, about 1 minute, adding more water a couple of tablespoons at a time if needed to get it moving. Add additional water, up to another 1/2 to 1 cup or so, until it’s the creamer is consistency you like. I go for a rich and creamy, half-and-half-ish thickness. But also know that your cashew creamer will thicken in the fridge.
- Use in coffee just as you would any other creamer. Keeps refrigerated in an airtight container for about 5 days. It might separate in the fridge; simply shake before pouring.